Claim your freebie!
Financial Security for Teachers
- Release fears of the future
- Financially resilient & secure
- Provide great experiences for you and your family
- Enjoy life to the full now
Take a course!
- identify the money blocks that are holding you back
- implement simple systems to pay off debt & build savings
- banish guilt, reduce stress and FEEL GREAT about money
The world is changing dramatically just now and many people may be looking to upskill or totally change career. There are some amazing free online courses out there to help you on your journey.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Not only can education change the whole world, but you can use it to change your own world!
As a teacher, I am a big fan of education – but it doesn’t have to stop at school. Lifelong learning is fantastic for many reasons:
- You can learn new skills which enhance your knowledge and help you get that promotion. That promotion can mean more money and financial security
- You can try out a new area that you’re interested in, get a taste for it, gain a qualification in it and then change your career
- Courses in areas like photography, gardening and writing can allow you to turn your hobby into a new career
- You could start your own business making use of bookkeeping or marketing courses
- Learning new things is great for keeping you young and enthusiastic about life
Free online courses
Free online courses are a growing market and many colleges and universities now offer them. You could take a short course ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours work, or take certified courses including National 5s, Highers, Degrees, Post Grad Masters and even PHDs.
Lots of small businesses and individuals also offer courses. Many of these are also free, with paid options available too. I have loads of free resources as well as paid courses, which get excellent reviews.
The rise of platforms such as Ruzuku, Kajabi and Thinkfic means that anyone with knowledge can write and offer their own online courses. If you have a subject that you are knowledgable about, then why not think about writing your own course?
Are you dreaming about leaving teaching?
Perhaps thinking about early retirement?
Or considering teaching part-time?
Where to start looking for free online courses?
If you have a particular topic in mind, then just google it!
If you’re not sure what you want to study, then you could browse the following:
- The Open University, founded in 1969, offers a huge range of courses from Introduction to Social Work to Parenting to Understanding Spoken Spanish to Leadership
- There are also a range of free Open University courses especially for teachers and student teachers
- MOOCS – Massive Open Online Courses – these are thousands of free online courses in areas such as Management, Business, Engineering, Life Sciences and Programming
- Future Learn – here you can access a broad range of courses from various top universities including Programming, Cyber Security, Construction Project Management and Gender Representation in the Media
There is a huge variety of courses and something for everyone, so why not set yourself the challenge of learning something new in 2021?
It could just be the start of something exciting!
Hi, I’m Eileen Adamson, teacher, money coach and co-host of BBC podcast Clever About Cash. I help female teachers to become happier, healthier and wealthier. Find out how you can provide amazing experiences for your children, feel financially secure and retire early from teaching, while still having enough money to enjoy life right now!